DITA SELIA SDN BHD Privacy Statement This Privacy Statement sets out how DITA SELIA SDN BHD collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
- What This Privacy Statement Explains
- What kind of personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- Your right to access and correct your personal information
- Our Commitment To You We value your trust and are committed to protecting your personal information. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your Personal Information to us when using DITA SELIA SDN BHD websites, Products and/or Services, we provide you with this Privacy Statement outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how your Personal Information is being collected and used by us.
- Defining Personal Information Personal information refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Statement is applicable only if you are a natural person / an individual.
- What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect In order for us to provide you with our Products and/or Services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner by providing you with the best service possible, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:-
- contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race, current private and/or business address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address
- your credit card information and bank account details
- the status of the Products and/or Services you have acquired from us or subscribed to
- how you use the Products and/or Service (for example the website that you hosting and emails that being send out or receive.)
- recording of calls placed by you to our help desk for our service enhancement and improvement
- When And How We Collect Your Personal Information? We may collect personal information directly from you when you:-
- communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to become our customer, or when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our customer service)
- register or subscribe for a specific Product and/or Service
- use Products and/or Services of DITA SELIA SDN BHD
- participate in any of our surveys
- enter into or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes run/organised by us
- commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider/business partner)
- visit any of our offices
- visit or browse our websites
- lodge a complaint with us
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy) Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
- How We Use Your Personal Information We may collect and use personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement, for one or more of the following purposes:-
- to verify your identity
- to assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services
- to provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested
- to administer and manage the Products and/or Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts)
- to investigate and resolve any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our network, Products and Services with our customer relations teams
- to assess and/or verify credit worthiness
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- to engage in business transactions in respect of Products and/or Services to be offered and provided to you
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
- to help us monitor and improve the performance of our Products and Services, our customer relations teams and DITA SELIA SDN BHD Websites and to make these more efficient
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
- to manage staff training and quality assurance
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services
- to determine how can we improve services to you
- to produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving DITA SELIA SDN BHD.
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
- Direct Marketing We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you.
- What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete? Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Products and/or Services.
- Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
- Your Obligations You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our Products and/or Services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the Products and/or Services.
- Online Dealings With DITA SELIA SDN BHD Cookies We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
- Updates To Our Privacy Statement We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supercede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
- Our Contact Details Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Statement , kindly contact us during office hours (between 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday) at the following contact points:
|Designation:||Data Privacy Officer|
|Telephone:||603 7859 9032|
|Address:||Dita Selia Sdn Bhd (943657-K)
20-07, Unit 20-07, 20th Floor, Menara K1,
No.1 Lorong 3/137C, Off Jalan Klang Lama,
58000, Kuala Lumpur.